Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy VD!

How many times do you change your layout before you finally get "happy" with the outcome? This little Polaroid Cutie image from Artistic Outpost has been on 3 or 4 backgrounds in the past week, I can't believe she made it thru all the moving! Check it out...I pulled out my mini sewing machine that has been sitting on the shelf for a coupla' years and actually sewed on this card! Now that is a big first...but it did go back into it's box when I was done. Ms. Cutie is resting on a button background from the Mini Masterpiece sheet, both currently on special at Artistic Outpost. Please stop by and tell them I sent you! I thought the background suited the "busy" elements of the card. Just crumbled the cardstock, sponged with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, and ironed on the reverse side. Boy, am I domesticated this week....sew and iron in 1 week! Amazing!! Wishing you all love and happiness on this special day......hugs, Gerrie

3 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

WOW she's been through a lot - but sure was worth the final outcome - what a great VD card!

Linda Carson said...

I keep changing my layout until it "speaks" to me! Sometimes it's maddening! Your card came together beautifully!

Anonymous said...

LOL Your husband probably didn't recognize you with an iron in your hand!! >;o) I actually have one of those little sewing machines still mint in the box - it's never seen the light of day! You've inspired me to dig it out and give it a try

~ Nancy - inkblocks :o)