Tuesday, September 1, 2009

SunRise-SunSet and Moonshine-AO Blog Hop

The Artistic Outpost girls are having a Blog Hop today, and hope you'll stop by and see what we are sharing for the new releases. I had some fun stamping on various backgrounds, and when I looked at them, what I saw was "the same, but different"! I can only hope that my photo taking shows what I see. All 3 cards are stamped with the same image, the Covered Bridge from the Old Grist Mill Sheet. All 3 cards were made using the Spectrum Roll Tech from the TJNL, using different K pads for each one. I then layered up on different colors for each card to help highlight the time of day. The first card, I am calling "Sun Rise". The morning sun rising, casting pretty colors on everything it awakens.


The second card is "Sunset", when the sky starts to darken, and the night shadows start to appear in the distance against the dancing colors of the evening sky.


The last card is "Full Moon", when the moon reflects all the colors it can find, the stars sparkle and the shadows play games with the moon beams.


Artistic Outpost is giving you a 20% discount if you buy all 3 new plates, so keep that in mind when you order. If you're ordering just 1 or 2, please use my code, GJ-10off for my discount. I hope you enjoyed my long post today, sorry, but I wanted to save these for the Hop and show them all together. And speaking of the Hop, be sure to check out what the other Design Team members have created using these new plates Lisa Somerville, Kelly Burton , Cathy Edgar, Debby Boltman, Judy Hayes, Lynn Stevens, Robin Willis, Sharon Briss, Susan Conrad, Toni Tessler

8 comments:

Susan said...

lovely colorways, Gerrie...I think the moonshine is my fav!

Tami Bayer said...

Love the way you followed the sun and moon to get the right background for this gorgeous image. Thank you for taking the time to share the possibilities.

K said...

gorgeous cards! love how you used different color tones on each!

Lynn Stevens said...

commented on the tj site but worth mentioning again,
Beautiful!!

maystamper said...

Neat colors and shading.

Debby said...

They are all incredibly beautiful! Full moon is my favorite!

Unknown said...

reminds me of Monet's waterlilly works where he painted the waterlillies at different times of day...these are breathtaking and so thoughtful

Anonymous said...

All three of the cards are beautiful. What a wonderful idea you had in showing the same image at different times of the day. It would make a great gift set!