Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Life.....On The Edge

The challenge this week at Creative Inspiration is "icing", and what a challenge this has been! I tried this, and that....nothing at all pleased me. I even looked up icing in my dictionary, just another word for frosting!......now do I own a cupcake stamp??? N-e-v-e-r!! I dug thru my stash until I found an image that I could "ice". This stamp works, and the saying is most fitting!

Thanks for putting up with my sense of humor! Stamps are from Rubber Cottage and Penny Black. This is the first time I used the paints on watercolor paper, and I love how the colors blend and stay as I put them down. I used about 4-6 different browns and greens, and before the weather got cold and the ice formed, you could see the various greens on the trees looking so lifelike! Let's hope the next challenge is a little less stressful. lol......hugz

8 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute take on the CI Challenge, love the iced over outhouse!

Kassi said...

that is fabulous!! great job!

Lynn Stevens said...

hahaha, Always a joy to see your creative work! We happen to still have a lot of those houses still around here. LOL. Not me mind you. I have INDOOR plumbing.LOL

I don't own a cupcake stamp either.LOL

Lynda said...

No one else would ever have thought of that. I love it.

stampqueen said...

Great outhouse!!! I have almost bought this outhouse stamp several times but the only person I would use it for is my Stap Dad (he has a warped sense of humor :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great card- and love your take on 'icing'! I need that stamp- who makes it? My husband loves the sentiment- No Rudolph, I said the Schmidt house....... He would love it if I made Holiday cards for his family like that! TFS

Kim said...

Great card, Gerrie! I have that stamp, too, and love it!! Great interpretation of "icing!"

Creative Inspirations said...

LOL... I love it!!!!