Saturday, July 3, 2010

Pink, Red, White and Pearls

With not much time to spare, I've joined in on the Play Date Cafe Color Challenge, Red, White & Pink............ and my friend Hel's Sunday Stamper Challenge, Pearls. Slowly, but surely this developed into a piece that will hang on my wall of fame. First cuz I made my first stamp out of Sizzix dies.........yeppers, the bird cage is Tim's, and it works like a charm. And then cuz I'm happy with the outcome, that really counts now, doesn't it! Here are the colors...

...and here is my card! As you can see, the bird cage stamped beautifully! The photo is a lot pinker than the actual piece, but I can't seem to get it right, sorry. I used the Kissed with a Twist tech on it, from the TJNL, using pink & red....can you imagine how kewl that would look silver & rust! Stamps are from Artistic Outpost and Stampers Anonymous. My DH wanted to know what the 2 red oblong thingies were...so I thought I might tell you that they are red, not blue!, Robin's eggs, lol. Thanks for stopping, hugz

14 comments:

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card Gerrie! Your stamped cage has worked a treat, love the pearl detail too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card Gerrie..tis fab that you made a stamp from the birdcage..how clever! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper hun x

Terry said...

I take it you watched the same video that I watched with making the stamps? Did you use fun foam or something else! I have that on my list, but never think of it! We sure love that birdcage! Great job Gerrie, love the pinks!

Unknown said...

Just lovely, Gerrie! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful, love the pearl chain holding the cage!

Lisa Somerville said...

So pretty! How cool to use the birdcage as a stamp, the pearls are a great embellishment. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

BarbaraW said...

Gerrie, this is gorgeous. How cool to make a stamp using the die cut. Love how you embellished your card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the stamp you made- what a fun idea- love the pearls and the eggs too. Have a safe and happy 4th!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful card and very inventive using the bird cage as a stamp. Love the background. It all works beautifully with this colour combination. Tracy Evans x

2amscrapper said...

So lovely in pink and pearls.

Sarah Anderson said...

Brilliant stamping with the birdcage! It looks fab, and I love the pearl chain. thanks for playing at the play date cafe :)

Suzanne C said...

Lovely birdcage and bird. Thanks for following the birdcage theme too. Thanks for joining us this week at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a great idea--pearls and jewelry for the chain on the cage!! Great card--love those two eggs popping off the page too! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Alice Regan said...

Beautiful card. I love how you used your stamps and the pearl detail!
Thanks for sharing.