Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Release Day at Artistic Outpost

It's a wonderful, fun day at Artistic Outpost today.....we have 2 new releases to share with you, Neverland and Haunted Halloween

Also new is the Outpost Attic Findings.   Currently featuring vintage style finding kits with beautiful ribbons and trims.  In these kits, you will receive 1.5 yards of each color of hand dyed rayon vintage style seam binding as well as 2 yards each of the vintage style crocheted trim, and a heaping scoop of vintage mother of pearl buttons perfect for embellishing your prized project.  Kits retail for $6.99. 


Neverland features images from the fairytale land that is home to Peter Pan.  The Darling children are also featured with a lovely ATC sized collage of Wendy and a perfect flying illustration of John and Michael.  Think of the scenes you create with these stamps including  a conversation between Wendy and Peter.  Don't ever grow up!!!



Is that not fun!  The image is stamped inside the Fishbowl Diecut from Creative Cuts and More.  The outside layer I used the Pulled Glimmers tech from the TJNL, and on the inside, I did some creative stippling, coloring the images with watercolor pencils. 





Haunted Halloween is a Victorian inspired collection with vintage witch illustration a cane-swinging dapper skeleton, and a haunted home that could be used without the scary subtext.  Other collage images include a bat border collage and sentiments.




I just had to do this! lol.....The Steampunk image was masked to allow the bats to fly free in my "I'm going Batty" card.  The bg is colored with DI, and the image is painted with the same.  I added a small piece of the Fossilstone tech behind the image, from the TJNL.
Looking for more inspiration using these new releases, be sure to stop by the other designers blogs to see what they've created:

*Lisa Somerville *Lynn Stevens *Judy Hayes *Toni Tessler *Barbara Washington *Connie Paxman*Stephanie Severin

Thanks for stoppin' by today, hugz..............

17 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

only you would think of a fishbowl my dear! Clever!!! Love you steampunk Halloween too!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oh. My. Gosh!!! How clever! I absolutely adore both of these cards. Fabulous!!!

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

as you can tell by the home page, I love the creativity with the steampunk man and the halloween bats....wonderful wonderful

SmilynStef said...

Your Going Batty card is just too stinkin' clever ... I may have to "borrow" that idea ... it would be perfect for lots of occasions. And I love the fish bowl idea ... it frames those images so well.

slbt17 said...

oh Gerrie - these are wonderful!

Love them!
Sandra

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful job with both new plates! Love the Fish Bowl, and the creative use of the SteamPunk plate with the new Halloween images!

wwilloww said...

OMG!!!! It is sooo Gerrie!!! The bats flying I mean.... I totally love it!!!

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous cards, I love what you did with the steampunk and I'm going batty a lot of the time ;-)

Unknown said...

WOW.. I wish I had your imagination.. These are wonderful.
I just love how you used that bat stamp.. Very creative..

Hugs, Linda

Terry said...

I like what Lynn said about only you would think of the fishbowl idea!! I was thinking only you (and maybe me) would think of having bats fly out of Mr. Steampunks hat! Both are just so fun and I love them!

BarbaraW said...

Gerrie You did it again. How do you think up such quirky pieces of fabulous art. The fishbowl idea is great. The steampunk Halloween is absolutely wonderful.

tonistamps said...

OMG! Love the fishbowl! And the head of bats. :) Perfect image to use that for.

Linda Carson said...

WOW Ms. Grunge! Both cards are absolutely brilliant! Great job!

Michele said...

i love the "i'm going batty" card. best halloween card ever! :) xo

Connie Fossenier said...

Now only Gerrie would think of putting the kids in a fish bowl and flying bats out of his head...I love what you do...humorously inspiring. Awesome work on the TJ techies too.
connie paxman

Patty from FL said...

Gerrie, when I saw this set I knew it had your name written all over it! Love the fishbowl!

inge said...

Hello Gerrie,

two real nice sets of rubberstamps !
I like what you have done with them too.
The steampunk man is perfectly masked and such a fun idea !

greetings from belgium
Inge