Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sleigh Ride - Artistic Outpost New Release

Today is the day we get to reveal the latest release for Artistic Outpost, the beautiful, nostalgic plate called Sleigh Ride. This is such a beautiful vintage set, just in time for those holiday cards. Sleigh Ride features nostalgic images of children in their coats and finery, perfect for your winter or holiday projects. We also feature a versatile background stamp of glistening pine trees, holiday sentiments and collage elements.



This is a 5x7 frame I made out of embossed metal, cut with my nestie, and inserted the image behind the metal. I used the Antiqued Glimmers tech from the TJNL on the white cs, adding more glitz and glimmer! The color was added with wc pencils.


Winter Wonderland at it's finest. I used the Pencil over Ink tech from the TJNL on this card, then added some mica glitter, and WOW, what a beautiful card. It's a one stamp wonder, will make beautiful Holiday cards.

Don't forget to stop by and check out the rest of the AO Design Team here:
*Lisa Somerville *Lynn Stevens *Judy Hayes *Barbara Washington *Connie Paxman *Stephanie Severin*Suzzane Czosek


hugs.............

17 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful sample Gerrie, makes me wish for snow (not) LOL

Judy Hayes said...

so fun to see what you created with Sleigh Ride! It's such a wonderful set!
Great job!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card and love the framed image. The metal embossed is lovely. I love that you used the mica flakes for the snow!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab cards! The trees are just stunning with the mica! Love the way you framed the girls in the metal snowflake frame!

Connie Fossenier said...

lots of techies on your cards...and I need a lesson from you...wow especially on the second card with the trees...great job on both cards Gerrie...
connie paxman

slbt17 said...

nice job - those trees are wonderful, aren't they?
Sandra

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... love the technique you used on those trees ... and that metal frame is super-cool ... fantastic projects.

Lori said...

Both are gorgeous, Gerrie, but I'm partial to the trees! Love it! This stamp set is awesome!

BarbaraW said...

Awesome cards Gerrie. Your first card is so soft and gentle. The second is so peaceful. Beautiful work (as usual).

Terry said...

Both are stunning! Love what you did with the metal and framing the images. I had no idea that you could cut the metal with a nestie! Wonderful!!

Basement Stamper said...

both are gorgeous, love the metal frame!

Jean Franks Beck said...

These are absolutely stunning, Gerrie! The techniques you've used with this beautiful set just make them shine that much more. I'm feelin' the need for a new set of stamps, LOL..... ;)

Vicki Romaine said...

Oh Gerrie I love those new stamps!

Traci S. said...

I think I am in Love! That is with this stamp set! It is everything I would want in one set. People, landscaping, sentiment.

Gerrie, You put these together so beautifully! I love your frame. How interesting! I've never made one! Good for you!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Anonymous said...

Great idea with that frame, and such gorgeous images. xx

2amscrapper said...

beautiful stamps and beautiful cards made with them!

Linda Carson said...

Most FABULOUS artwork w/these new beauties! Big hug for you today my BFF!