Monday, March 5, 2012

The County Fair - Bloggers Challenge

This week we have a sketch challenge at Lisa's Blogger Challenge Group(You may remember that I have a very hard time with sketches.)  I took a few liberties with the sketch, but all in all I think I did fine, of course it was an easy one, lol!

It's County Fair time here in SW Florida, so I took out the Country Life set from Artistic Outpost today.  The fair was/is always a lot of fun, food.....rides.... food....livestock....food!  My bottom paper is something I made using my Gelli Plate and overstamped and added a little brown ink to the yellow and green paints.  I really like the different affects one gets using the Gelli.  I added a little faux stichin'....and altho I don't think you can see it, I added a lot of dimension to his straw hat.

 





6 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the added dimension on the hat! Fab take on the sketch!

Basement Stamper said...

this card is fabulous and I love how you interpreted the sketch. The banners across it are awesome!

Yvonne Garner said...

Such rich details! Well done. Hope you are enjoying Country Fairs in Florida! Bet wishes, Yvonne

1CardCreator said...

Love this Gerrie! That Gelli is amazing and I love the texture on the hat, I can see it when I click on the picture.

Lori said...

Awesome detail on the card, looks wonderful!

Terry said...

Well your card is perfect for celebrating county fairs and those banners is a great touch! I don't know why ours is at the end of August, so darn hot! Hugs!