Wednesday, April 23, 2014

In a Texas State of Mind - Artistic Outpost Blog Hop

This month the Artistic Outpost blog hop is travelling to Texas...........at least on my blog! lol

Today....I have my first page done in my new journal.  I love how it turned out, and am excited about making more art to put on my pages.  I used Cowgirl Strength.......a really fun vintage plate.



The background is stamped using what I call the "cow" stamp, makes a wonderful bg addition.  Texas is a puzzle piece that I put some gesso on and sanded a bit. Then all I did was find the correct page to put it on.

Here is what the journal looks like, I found it a Michael's, the pages are 12"x9" and are a mix of bright colors and prints, pockets and flaps.  Of course, I have the cover to alter.....I'll post that after it's done.



If you subscribe to the Artistic Outpost customer newsletter or follow AO on Facebook, I'm sure you read the important company update from Robyn last week.  If not, you can read the post here on the Artistic Outpost Facebook Page.  I've been designing with AO stamps since they were first introduced and I'm excited about the changes and expansion coming to the AO product line, click here for more details!

Be sure to stop by the other Designers Blogs for more inspiration and leave them some love:

 Lisa * Sue * Tracy * Linda * Alison * Terry Kate


 

14 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What fabulous pages, Gerrie - the cowgirl looks amazing, and I love the You Are Here arrow on the map!
Alison xx

Netty said...

Love your fab page Gerrie. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wonderful page Gerrie, I love the mix of elements and the backdrop. The Cowgirl looks fabulous. Tracy x

Patty from FL said...

Very nice, Gerrie! I'm curious to see what the new company's impact will be on the stamps.

Terry said...

Love traveling to Texas with you! Fabulous art journal page and I love the AO cowgirl. Enjoy!

Julia Aston said...

what a great Texas theme page! a perfect entry into your new journal!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful pages love the Cowgirl

Kay Wallace said...

Love this cowgirl page in your new journal, Gerrie! And, how perfect is that puzzle piece? Strange to hear about AO, but it is likely a good thing for all, right?

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful way to alter the plain journal page into something fabulous! Love the added puzzle piece and the beautiful colors!

Kate Yetter said...

Hi Gerrie, i am loving your journal page. The colors are so bright and it looks perfect with that cowboy plate. Journaling is so fun, isn't it?
Kate

Suzanne C said...

Brilliant mixed media page. love your texas and cowgirl! Always inspiring coming by to see what you created!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful Art Journal page- love the colors and the fun Cowgirl theme! Did you ever live in Texas, or totally inspired by the Theme of the images?

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a fun page, Gerrie. I just love it! Great background and wonderful use of the Cowgirl plate! That puzzle piece is so perfect for the theme and I love the way you have colored the cute cowgirl!

Hugs,
Linda

Corrie Herriman said...

Great page, Love the cowgirl and the altered map!
Corrie x