Friday, July 25, 2014

It's a First..............

It's my FIRST post, yes my first art.......since surgery........I hope this means I am back!! Thanks to everyone for all your cards and well wishes, they all mean the world to me!

 It's Christmas in July on both the Stampotique Designers Challenge and the Bloggers Challenge this week, so it's a great place to start. I choose to color parts of this using Staedler pencils and markers.  I entered this in the Staedtler summer prize giveaway,  http://www.lisasomerville.com/2014/07/staedtler-summer-prize-giveaway.html.  I used a Gelli print background out of my stash and then sprayed thru a snowflake stencil for the background. Added the hearts, sparkle and bling. The chubby little bird is colored in and I even drew a little hat for him,  (that is an amazing feat as I can't draw!)     I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.


I hope to see you again soon, hugs....

 

5 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

What an adorable image, Gerrie. Definitely a sweet representation of Christmas in July, especially with that hand-drawn knit cap! Thanks so much for participating in the Stampotique Designers Challenge this week. Glad that you are on the fast track to a full recovery following your surgery! Nice to see you back here again, my friend!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the way your Gelli background turned out! The hat you drew is just perfect for the sweet little birdie! Glad to see you making art again!

Corrie Herriman said...

Love this ! His little hat is adorable. Also pleased you are recovering and doing well !
Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique this week !
Corrie x

Sam & Poppy said...

Gorgeous Gerrie :)
Thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique :)
Enjoy your weekend x

Linda Carson said...

Totally too cool Ms. Grunge! So happy you're doing better and up to creating! Love the hat!