Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Nostalgic Christmas

Time once again for the Artistic Outpost Monthly Hop! This time, it's about Christmas and Winter........Be sure to check out the other Design Team blogs for more ideas.

 My card today features the adorable little girl from the Frosty and Friends stamp set. Guessin' it's 1940's, early 50's, because I had a coat, hat and muff like that!! That sweet child is popped up on my favorite Doily Die, which I used like a wreath. I am so happy with the outcome, and the bling suits the times!


Here is the rest of the Team:
Tracy * Terry * Kate * Lisa * Gerrie (you are here) * Linda 


 

8 comments:

Terry said...

Oh how cute she is, Gerrie! Love the way you popped her up on that pretty doily! Wonderful Christmas feeling. Love this. Enjoy!

Netty said...

Fabby and cute card, Gerrie. Hugs Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Kay Wallace said...

Love that sweet girl image, Gerrie, and she is spot on for Christmas/Winter! Assume you added the holly--nice element! Well done!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am so not ready for the Cold that comes with thinking about Christmas! I to had a hat and muff like that- so soft : ) Loving how you added a Christmas Doily to your card & love the bling too.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Gerrie, love your adorable card the image looks fantastic taking centre stage and I love the addition of the red gems. Tracy x

Kate Yetter said...

I love vintage Christmas images. This is so lovely and nostalgic!
Kate

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute vintage Christmas card! The added ODBD Doily as a wreath and the Red die cut bow make wonderful embellies!

Anonymous said...

Love the pretty little girl and with a beautiful red bow.