Saturday, June 13, 2015

PRESENTING "THE BIRDS" in Living Techicolor

It was 1963, an amazing film by the Master of Suspense!

I loved all the Alfred Hitchcock movies, his books and the TV series...I could watch them over and over again.  I think I saw this one in the Drive In Theater on Cicero Ave and 31st Street back in the day.  (I cannot remember the name.)


I found this stamp many years ago, in a discount box sitting on the floor at a stamp show, I remember it clearly.  I was so excited to have found it, along with the walking Marilyn.  Treasures!!

I tried something new today, tim's Distress Glaze.  It really worked out nicely, as I was able to use distress inks and Brusho's with water over the sealed image.  The stamp is actually Alfred, smoking a cigar with a bird landing on it.  I added the smoke with natural Bister, using a small brush and water.  I flicked some blue Brusho on the sky, over the blue distress ink.

I'm entering it in Lisa's Blogger Masculine Challenge this week.



 

11 comments:

Patty from FL said...

I love it Gerrie! It absolutely makes me laugh. You're right, it is a good stamp!

Shari Trumbull said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Gerrie!! I love Mr. Hitchcock too (my fav movie is Rear Window), and what a score of a find with this stamp! Just a FAB tag!! Happy Weekend!! XOXO-Shari

Gez Butterworth said...

Brilliant tag Gerrie ♥ You have a good eye for great stamps ♥

Wishing you a lovely Sunday. Hugs Gez xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous Hitchcock inspired tag, love the BG!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super COOL!!

Coco said...

A wonderful inspiration Gerrie!!! :D
Triggered by a great theme of course and a great stamp, a treasure indeed! I really love your tag. I've never tried this glaze (I don't have it), but I have the Fresco PA Glaze, it should work a bit in the same way I guess, I will try your technique thank you Gerrie! Hugs, Coco xx

Kay Wallace said...

Oh Em Gee, yes! I do remember "The Birds!" A wonderful Hitchcock piece, Gerrie! Well done!

Beth said...

You my friend have portrayed Alfie here quite well remember the first time watching the Birds and oh my gosh Psycho squared the pants off me. Awesome tag.
Hugs

Gay Peplow said...

I feel the same about stamps, precious finds are so much fun, I love your tag :D

Gio said...

Amazing , and so pretty unique, Gerry. Never see a tag/card with that stamp!

JackieP Neal said...

I laughed out loud when I saw this Gerri!! Well done!! heehee hugs to you!