Monday, August 19, 2013

Fleurs

I started this project last Thursday, hoping to get it finished and posted on Friday....now it's Monday and it's finally done....oh well. Friday would have been my Dad's birthday, and was also the anniversary of my friend Elvis' passing....both long gone, but not forgotten. Dad loved flowers and I thought I could create something for Lisa's Blogger Challenge, Flower Power, and the AMMCC-5 Mixed Media Color Challenge. So I asked myself...how are you going to combine those colors, the Flower Power challenge at BC, and Elvis......then Elvis said to me, "hey, how about Blue Hawaii!". So we chatted a bit, Elvis is good, still strummin' away and eating jelly donuts. lol So that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Sorry, looks like this is going to be a long post....not my normal thing, but with Elvis and all, I'm a little chatty.

First I stamped the hibiscus. I used multi step stamps from Kitchen Sink, masking along the way. Then I started with some Mixed Media paper, gesso and then Distress inks and stains for my base colors, sticking with the color challenge.  I used my new stencils from Just a Trace Stencil Company to add deeper color and design. I used the Pop: Dangle 4x6 and the Emblem 2x2 stencils with more distress inks. I am luvin' these stencils, excellent quality and fun to use. Stop by and say hello to Libby. Then a little flick of water, a few stamps from Artistic Outpost here and there, and a couple little embellies.


.....and here is the MM #5 color challenge


I did enjoy making this piece, and hope you do to.  From me and my bff....

Thank you, Thank you Very Much!


 

6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Gerrie! Those blossoms are stunning and the background looks fabulous! Thanks for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Sue Lelli said...

Gerrie, I really LOVE your BG and those hibiscus look so REAL! Very Pretty card! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Lisa Somerville said...

Hearing voices again are you - LOL! Fab way to use the MM colors and those wonderful hibiscus stamps from KSS! Love the background! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

2amscrapper said...

perfect!

Julia Aston said...

Love your hibiscus stampings - the Kitchen Sink stamps are so beautiful! they look wonderful against your great background!

Basement Stamper said...

that background is beautiful, love the colors of it!