Thursday, November 29, 2007

Inkspired by an email ad








I received an email today that really inkspired me to make this card. It so reminds me of an old tin ceiling tile and would wonderful framed with any vintage stamp. I used an embossing folder on a piece of silver cardstock, then washed the cardstock with a light coat of white glaze. This is the first time I used glaze. I was surprised how it gave the paper such a different look...perfect for what I was doing today. When this was dry, I distressed it further with some black on opposite corners. I used the ink ring from the Polaroid Cutie stamp sheet, punched it out and used it for my corner piece. The little girl is from the same sheet from Artistic Outpost. Probably the most time consuming part was dying the silk flowers...as they took forever to dry. I finally put them in the oven at a low temp, and wahla! Oh yes, the email photo follows.

I plan on doing this again soon with a Christmas photo or stamp. It would make a wonderful Christmas gift with an old family grouping in front of the tree...hmmmmmmmm

3 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Great way to use what you have on hand to make it look the the inspiration piece.

Linda Carson said...

WOW! FANTASTIC piece of artwork!

Michelle W said...

Love it Gerri. I do like vintage look.