Sunday, January 31, 2010

Manly Metallics

This is the card I made for my Grandson, turned 16 last week! Soon he'll be older than me...I don't know how that happens! This fits right into the Metallic Color Challenge at Gingersnap Creations. This is a fun group...check us out, and join in the fun!!

The muscle car ('58 Buick), is stamped in black and colored with Spica Pens in black, silver, red and yellow, stamp is by B-Line Designs. The flames around the edge are from a sheet designed by Michelle Ward. I stamped them in Distress Fired Brick and added the same color Distress Stickles with a brush. If you haven't tried the distress stickles, they are pretty cool..........they go on with your finger or a brush, are thinner than reg Stickles...and dry fast. I added some Glossy Accents to the red description sign (which gives the effect of glass), and mounted this all on a piece of black metal from Ten Second Studios, and embossed and sanded it. The background is the camouflage tech from the TJNL. Thanks much, hugz...

7 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

I saw the car his mom made for him, too! He's a lucky kid to have these creative women in his life....women who love him. ;-)

Basement Stamper said...

lovin' the flames around the edge of the card, very cool!!

Hetty said...

Great one Gerrie! MY dh loves cars, so this could be a wonderful sheet of stamps.

Lisa Somerville said...

Very cool - I'm sure he'll LOVE it! Love the added sanded metal as the background.

Linda Carson said...

What can I say...you're the QUEEN! I salute your artwork, your creativity & your design!

Connie Fossenier said...

Gerrie to die for, saw you card on TJ...and I even have that fire-flame stamp...love the contrast of reds, whites and blacks.
connie paxman

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Metallics Challenge!