Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It Was A Dark and Dreary Night....

............in late October, there was a touch of fog scattered here and there, then I heard this sound....What is that?, I asked myself....walking closer and closer to the sounds of the night...........I stepped a little closer, and then I saw in the clearing this creepy old house, shutters banging, .......an old dead tree, creaking in the wind....so many bats, flying and screeching as I ducked in fear....and standing right in front of me, old Mr. Bones!  I screamed as loud as I could and ran right home!!

Welcome to the Artistic Outpost Design Team August Hop!  I recreated what I saw that night using the Gothic 31, Haunted Halloween and Vintage Halloween stamp sets.  The background is done with Distress inks, and I added a great die cut spooky tree.



Thanks, enjoy the hop today!

Be sure to stop by the Designers Blogs for details on their projects!

 Lisa * Suzanne * Tracy Linda *Alison * Terry * Kate


 

18 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

great colours in your background x trace x

silvergran said...

:)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Very cool, Gerrie! Wonderful background - love the colors! Those Jack-o-lanterns look positively demonic. Wonderful make.

Hugs,
Linda

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love it! Great scene and color!!! Makes me want candy!!!

Suzanne C said...

Love your creepy story and card! Fantastic composition the colors are spookily fantastic!

Terry said...

No bones about it, I love this "dark and dreary" card! That background is so cool and that tree placement is perfect! Spook fun, GF!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Brilliant Gerrie, love your spooky story and card. Those pumpkins are fantastic as is your tree and spooky skeleton gent. Love it. Tracy x

Lisa Somerville said...

Spookingly colorful background! Just perfect for your dancing skeleton and die cut tree!

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, fabulously queasy colours in that wonderful background... the bats are just amazing!!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Awesome card - so colorful yet creepy :) Glad to have found your blog & I subscribed to you via email :)

Sandy said...

Wonderful, wonderful card! I love Halloween - so much furn and a few treats!
Sandy

Kate Yetter said...

I love the various colors in your background. Your stamping placement is perfect. awesome card!
Kate

Unknown said...

Love the story and the colors and it's just fabulous!

Dianne said...

Great story and a fabulous interpretation, the background is out of this world, fantastic make Gerry, thanks for sharing..

Linda Carson said...

Oh great now I'll probably not sleep tonight!! Loved the distress ink backgrounds and esp. your scary scene!

Debbie K. said...

Great card, Gerrie. That skeleton looks like he's having a terrific time:)

Anonymous said...

Gerry,
I love the expressions on the little pumpkin faces. Are they sneaking a look at the handsome gentleman who is showing off his hat?

Lori said...

This is spooky and awesome at the same time! LOL...love it!