Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It's A New Release Day.....

Here we go ... 2 new releases from Artistic Outpost! Chalk it Up and Chalk Board Wisdom.  This set of sayings has to be my favorite.  So easy to use with so many projects, cards or scrapbooks.  In the set of frames, I luv the large frame...you can stamp it, distress it even more, or emboss.  The frames go with so many of our stamp sets. 

I choose this first saying, because of the first 3 words..."do not CONFORM".  That about says it all about me.  I hate to conform to rules and regulations and dislike doing what everyone else is doing or wear what everyone else is wearing....gee...does that sound like me?  YUP!  I just like to be ME.  lol  For the background, I chose a very colorful paper that looks like it's covered in various washi tapes.  I then choose to stencil over that paper, using a stencil from Just a Trace, stencil mini, Palazzo.  I choose to use the picked raspberry Distress ink to use thru the stencil.  I love how the paper and the stencil go together.


My next card features the large frame from the Chalk it up set.  I used an embossing folder on the frame after coloring with black ink, then white chalk.  The first thing I thought of when choosing this frame was how well it will work with all our stamps, then I thought Halloween, and then this is what I choose.


The gentlemen from the London set was stamped on mirror card stock using Stazon ink.  This was extremely hard to photograph, I think I tried 6 photos before I got one that didn't have my face or fingers in it!  I created the saying with my label maker.  Kind of reminds me of the picture on the wall, where the eyes follow you no matter where you stand in a room!

Here are the new sets.........





Be sure to stop  by and see what the other designers created:

 

13 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh I love AO stamps! Love your 1st card with the pretty BG and sentiment. The frame card makes me smile- imagining one of those old pictures with the eyes that move.....

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, the stencilled paper looks so cool, and I love the pink accents on the words - fabulous! And your embossed frame is genius!
Alison x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love these, the first one is so colourful and the frame looks fabulous as does your background and I love the handsome gent used in the second. Great makes. Tracy x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Two really sensational pieces, Gerrie. LOVE the stenciling/colors on the first one - what a great technique to stencil over the patterned paper. And the frame on the second one is very cool too! Great pieces for our release day hop!

Hugs,
Linda

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the use of the stencil of the pattern paper, makes for a wonderful background! Gentleman Jim looks wonderful framed on your mirror!

Kate Yetter said...

Your stenciling made such a great background with that pink. Love it. And I love this verse as well. I really like the masculine theme to your second card. That frame goes perfect!
Kate

Patty from FL said...

Gerrie, love your first project of course because it has pink in it! The frame in the 2nd one is awesome! I love both of these sets! Especially the sentiments from the Beatles' songs!

Suzanne C said...

Conformist you? LOL! Love the fun and pretty background behind the great quote! The mirror with the man in it reminds me of OZ. Don't look behind the curtain! Cool projects!

Terry said...

GF, we think much alike in many ways and not just art! Too funny as I do not conform! Love what you did with that sentiment and the touches of hot pink and in the background, my non-conforming friend! Fabulous use of the frame! Love these both!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

The new plates are wonderful...love what they say! Great use of the frame for a mirror...bravo! Love the brightness of the other!!!

Robyn said...

fab, gerrie....love that mirror.

Lori said...

LOVE them both! Well done!

Michelle said...

I love the pink on that card! VERY cool!