Friday, November 21, 2014

Doing the HAPPY DANCE! My Studio!

For the last 6 weeks or so, we have been working in the Studio, changing things, moving stuff, purging and organizing. DH has been so kind and patient thru it all.....he had to put cabinets together, cut off a counter top, raise some cabinets, move a cabinet from one room to another, and it goes on and on............I got new Martha storage units with thin drawers that are perfect for stamps and small items...these cabinets are large, and make life so good. The tops allow me to have working stations, one for the Cricut and one for the Big Shot....oh, life is good! Also got a large 2 door storage cabinet that holds lots of paper plus anything else I can store in there. The shelves are wide and really hold a lot. I am far from finished, but I just couldn't wait another day to show you all what I am dancin' about.

We started on the room about 10 years ago, revamped once and it never worked, too much stuff, too little room!  Ha, bet you have never been there, lol!!  The top cabinets and the counter top and drawers are all part of the original design.  I have a large glass sliding door that looks out in this room, so it has nice lighting.


To the left (not photo worthy) is more storage, in what was a closet at one time, and is now shelves, for what else......storage!  The sticky notes still need to be changed out for vinyl labels, but that will come.  I should have removed the cat's towel, he likes to sleep on this chair...oops.  The Martha cabinet is on the right.

This is the opposite wall, it's a little shorter due to the doorway.  On the left is the matching Martha cabinet.....again I have the drawers, and the bottom 6 boxes have unmounted stamps on storage boards. (Yes, I know, I have a LOT of stamps, you just can't imagine how many I have given away! )   I am still looking for the perfect storage cubes for the bottom shelf.  The cabinet above this holds dies.....and more dies.  Next is the fabulous storage cabinet I just got, and last is my first stamp storage cabinet.  I thought it was perfect when I got it, still love it...but you know how things just grow, lol.

Thanks for taking the tour, now you know why my art posts have been few and far between!........... sending hugz.........

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful and I love receiving all those extra stamps.

Kay Wallace said...

Holy Moly, Gerrie, this is like a crafter's dream come true! It is absolutely beautiful! I was going to say that I am so jealous, but decided instead to simply exclaim,"I want to come over and play!" I am so happy for you, my friend!

Basement Stamper said...

Nice, glad you got it completed and those perfect storage bins will come your way soon. I'll have to share with you mine some day and how I store my unmounted stamps-has saved me a ton of room but still not "perfect".

Jackie said...

What a lovely craft space well worth all your time and effort

Kathi said...

Wow! What a great space! I'm curious about the brown wide drawer unit!

Ann said...

That is soooo awesome. My 19 x 6 room is a one butt room and needs to be bigger so badly but that isn't going to happen. *jealously* happy for you~!

Nikki W said...

Looks great Gerrie.

Lisa Somerville said...

Looks fabulous, love all that storage!