Sunday, November 23, 2014

Jasmin Loves Stripes

This week the challenge at the Stampotique Designers Challenge, SDC 174, is to Create a Striped Background. What was I going to do for a "striped" background?, I said to myself...........I am NOT a stripes kinda' gal! So I thought about these stripes for days.......and finally today it came together. All I can say is that I am so happy that Jasmin loves stripes!


The stripes were made with washi tape.  Jasmin was colored with watercolor pencil, finished with gamosol, fussy cut and popped up on the card.  Her attitude speaks for itself, and the spots and circles represent her empty thoughts!

I made this  birthday card for one of our granddaughters, can you guess who, Jacquie Johnnic?

The thought process took a while to kick in, but I love the finished card.  hugz...

                            

6 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Great colors, I love what you did with the washi tape-it looks like the perfect background!

Kay Wallace said...

Very clever use of washi tape, Gerrie! What I find amazing is that, while generally Jasmin is thoughtful, on that background and with that sentiment, she got "attitude" and in spades! What a transformation!! Well done! Thanks for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the attitude Jasmin has, great BD card! Clever way to work in the stripes with the Washi Tape!

Corrie Herriman said...

Great card, Gerrie ! love your use of washi tape to create stripes..
Corrie x

Kaz said...

You really can't beat a bit of stripey washi tape!! Love the background! Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampotique.

*Arwen* said...

The background is brilliant. Good idea :)
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge :)

xx Arwen